Eu buntu nix

Google
 
Web Eu Buntu nix

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My Profile

Author: Ehrwin C. Mina
Date: Wednesday, 10 May 2006
Topic: Linux/Unix

My name is Ehrwin C. Mina. I was born on the 16th of April in 1975, at the Medical Centre in Las Pinas City, Philippines. Currently I live in Makati City, one of the City Business District of Philippines Republic. I've finished B. S. in Computer Engineering at the Saint Francis of Assisi College System in Las Pinas City (birthplace of the famous BAMBOO ORGAN CHURCH).

My interest in computers started in 1990, when my parents bought their first computer (a 80286). After that we had several computers. Currently I own a fine selection of machines; two x86 (network), an IBM Laptop and HP compaq nx9010 (service unit from my current employer). I also have a O2 XDA 2 - PDA. My primary operating system is a Debian OS and dual boot with OpenBSD, the second computer runs CENTOS Linux and dual boot with Solaris 10 (this changes every once in a while).

Other than computers, my biggest hobbies are my family, friends and my two dogs (fhuray and bhulak). I'm also a huge music-lover, having a large collection of (legal) CDs and LPs. My taste in music is very diverse, ranging from The Beatles, Eagles to Bruce Springsteen, to Garbage and Roxette, all the way up to Frank Sinatra and Oasis (suck). And much, much more. I'm currently a Network Operation Center Manager of company here in Makati, and I have a side-job of teaching linux and other IT stuff.

Im a task oriented leader that often creates guidelines to get the job done in time,also let the members to know what i decided and always inform them exactly how the job will be accomplish.

Im a concerned leader that keeps people on track by facilitating their work, but not monitoring every detail. Conduct a regular meeting, monthly General Assembly report that ensure have the tools they need to get a job done.

Act as a well-balance leader that cultivates their awareness of inclinations toward one orientation of becoming more skilled and to adjust their behavior to suit both the situation needs of the group members, also doing what comes naturally needs to yield to more conscious decision-making in order to lead most effectively.

Generally I administers heteregenous network consisting of mixed flavors of OPEN SOURCE and Microsoft in developing and designing NETWORK and SERVERS. Im responsible for the maintenance and the 24/7 monitoring of all mission critical servers, leased line, CISCO routers, local directors, ORACLE and other Database server, and all the SMSC connection from both carriers (smart, globe). Handles server installation/upgrade (In-depth knowledge of installing and modifying UNIX OS and kernels) and maintenance, assisting programmers to their application programs (testing, troubleshooting and make programs/ scripting if needed. I also handles cisco routers setup, planning and designing, local director for network designing and firewall. Administers the server with Perl and shell scripting (
for backup, maintenance), and responsible for the administration of MAIL server, NETWORK SECURITY( system security management, vulnerability assessment and maintenance, implementation of security policies, breach prevention and intervention).

1 Comments:

  • hi can u blog about ur smsc connection with smart and globe? ^.^ im interested on the subject.

    By Blogger iandelacruz™, at 7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home